Monday 5 December 2016

Arduino Resets

One little problem I am having is that when the Motor starts or stops, It can cause the Arduino to reset.   To avoid this,  I have initially remove the code that reversed the direction  every minute or so.
This is not caused by switch the relays as I have tested this and all three seem to happily switch without issues.

Today I made a couple o changes.   I moved the arduino away from the Motor relay and have added a 10uF electrolitic and a small 10nf ceramic across the arduino power.  ( I probably need a 0.1uF ceramic capacitor but I dont have one to hand)

This seem to have help a little,  but not perfect.


Oh,  and it seems the arduino is not compactly isolated from the mains.  The USB cable was a tad tingly


useful info here:
http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/101815/pic16f628a-resetting-after-relay-turned-off/101879#101879


Someone else has done something similar here and has included a stabalizer

http://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-and-Upcycle-Defective-Dryer-With-Arduino/?ALLSTEPS


No comments:

Post a Comment